Monday, February 7, 2011

Keep Climbing

Actually, I wanted to blog something yesterday, But nothing came across my mind and I determined myself to blog today. Anyway, today I went for futsal and somehow my shoe tore. Don't ask me how because I didn't realize until I felt uncomfortable with my shoe because it seems like something is hanging. BUT the best part was overall we won =) 3 MONTHS OLD
Okay now back to the topic, Keep Climbing? To me this two words carry a strong message. But why? The answer is Sean Swarner. Sean isn't just a cancer survivor; he is truly a medical marvel. He is the only person in the world ever to have been diagnosed with both Hodgkin's disease and Askin's sarcoma. He was diagnosed in the fourth and final stage of Hodgkin's disease at the age of thirteen, when doctors expected him to live for no more than three months. He overcame his illness only to be stricken a second time when a deadly golf ball-sized tumor attacked his right lung. After removal of the Askin's tumor, Sean was expected to live for less than two weeks. A decade later, Sean became famous for being the first cancer survivor to climb Mount Everest. Sean had not only conquered Mt. Everest, but 6 other different mountains. One of Sean's quote says, " The human body can survive thirty days without food. The human condition can sustain itself for three days without water, but no human alive can survive for more than thirty seconds without hope". If there is light, there is darkness. No matter what we want to achieve in life, there is always problem/trouble/unwanted circumstance/failure to try to stop us from achieving what we want. But what we need to overcome is the positiveness, the courage, the hope and the strength to fight it. If Sean had overcome cancer and even climbed Mt. Everest, Can you climb The Mountains in your life? Can you inspire others to climb their mountains? If you have a goal or something you want to do, don't wait. Don't tell you can't. Take courage and do it! Sean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTGi1MhxtEM&feature=channel . Inspiring. God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment